Friday, June 12, 2009

'Let me put on my face'








Star Education theater students performed their end of the year extravaganza, 'The Wizard of Star', a punk rock musical, yesterday at Overland Elementary in West Los Angeles. I, being the non-profit's official documentarian, was there with cameras loaded. These shots were taken before the show when the cast was putting on their costumes and practicing their lines, dances and attitude. As always, I had a great time. It's hard not to at these happenings.

I'm working on putting together a final selection of photos I've shot for the organization over the entire school year; there may even be a show! Yee-who!
Please let me know if any of these images impress or remain with you for longer than expected. I need more eyes and brains than were originally provided to me. What can you do?

Hi ho!

2 comments:

Tatyana said...

it's cool when kids really play up their attitude like these do here. sometimes they're sooooooo shy all you getnis them hiding behind their hands (or maybe that's Japanese kids). it takes a good photographer to get them in a good moment like you do. i'm curious, what kind of theater is this?

Amelia Moore said...

Thanks T.

This is a weekly, after school theater program. The students perform a new musical every six months that is about a half hour in length and includes several choreographed singing numbers. These kids know their jazz hands, octaves, and over-exuberant expressions, which makes it all the more fun for me.